Monday, November 21, 2011

Guys... That's the Eiffel Tower- Paris Pt. 2

So I kind of have a little love affair with the Eiffel Tower.  As in, for some reason I'm so entranced by its beauty that I have a lamp, necklace, picture frame, etc all depicting the famous monument... And that was before I visited France.  

I can't even begin to describe the real Tower.  The construction of it is actually a lot less dainty and pretty than I thought, and in the daytime its kind of a brownish steel color- but there's still something so gorgeous about it.  And at night, whew, took my breath away.  The entire tower lights up, but then literally sparkles for the first 5 minutes every hour.  I tried to upload a video of it at the end of the post, but I've never uploaded a video to blogger before so we'll see how that goes.  Also, it's sideways.  I wasn't thinking about camera orientation when I was watching the lights, lol.  

Anyways, the first night in Paris Sara, Bernadette and I enjoyed (tolerated is probably a better word) a cheap bottle of wine under the lit up tower.  Definitely one of my favorite moments in Europe thus far.  

The next day we just walked around, taking it all in.  Pictured below is a cafe named Tennessee (!!) the Arc de Triumph, and a few other pretty sights.  

One more Paris post left!  











No comments:

Post a Comment